Header Ads

PokemonGo Map - Locate pokemon with Google Map




There's an argument to be made that knowing exactly where pokémon are located takes away from the game (a friend of mine, who posted about the project on Facebook, wrote, "This kinda kills some fun of the game for me ... am I a member of Team Rocket?"). But Almutawa thinks the map is good for "augmenting" the experience. "Ever since I've made this, I've had a lot more fun," Almutawa says, "mostly because I could see where all the lures are and go to where all the people are hanging out."

Niantic could stop development at any time
There's also a very real possibility that Niantic will block access to this information in a future update, preventing the map from working. Even if Niantic doesn't mind the map, it may want to stop other projects being devised on the pokemongodev subreddit, where people are discussing hacks that could change your in-game location or even automatically go out and catch pokémon for you.

"It is Niantic's game and they're free to do with it whatever they do," Almutawa says. "I do hope that they're fine with the map itself. It's not causing them any issues."

For now, Almutawa is going to keep working with other developers to improve the map and open it up to more people. I suspect it's something a lot of players would be interested in looking at, even if just to check out what types of pokémon are popping up around them. Spotting rare ones would be a nice benefit, too.
"The funny thing is, I started developing this app to be able to find the more rare pokémon, but ever since I started developing it, I've just spent most of my time developing it and not catching pokémon," Almutawa says. "Other people have caught cool things. Not me."
Powered by Blogger.